Friday, January 9, 2009

Humblness is my choice.

Humbleness and pride are difficult subjects to talk about with most people. A lot of people I know are so over confident with themselves that it gets in their way of becoming better at what they do. For instance I play on hockey team filled with players who have out of control egos. Their egos make them do stupid things for the stupidest reasons. That end up costing the whole team. I really dont get what they think sometimes.. they get hit or something and they instantly retaliate and then they get a penalty.. and i think what was the point of that, you just cost the entire team a penalty and for what so u could hit the guy back out of spite? Well good for you then, you sure accomplished a lot.

Im no perfect person or anything but i try to live my life as humbly as i can. I figure the best way i can better myself as a person is too really take no credit for the things that i am decent at. Like honestly i think im terrible at everything i do.. I am a terrible writer.. A terrible musician.. A terrible athlete.. And a terrible human being. This is the mentalitly i have built up for myself. Some of you may not agree with this.. but its the best way i know how to live. Part of my reasoning for this has to do with the fact that i look up to some of the best heroes a person can have.

For music I have guys like Stephan Christian, Eddie Vedder, John Mayer, and Wynton Marsalis. All of these are remarkable and what they do. The only one of the four i have met is Wynton and he couldnt be more humble than he is. For as good as he is you would think he'd be arrogant and have a huge ego, but instead you get one of if not the best trumpet player in the world who is more humble than me..

For Writing I have guys like Stephan Christian, Rob Bell, and C.S Lewis. I havent met any of these people but from what i know of Stephan in his writing is that he almost has the same mentality as me. That of that he tries to be very humble even though i think of his writing and music as astounding and that it is so good..

For Sports I have the likes of Steve Yzerman, Nick Lidstrom, and Pavel Datsyuk. These men are three of the best men who played hockey and yet they all share the same humblness. They are a constant reminder of how i should carry myself on and off the ice.

All of these men affect how i act or carry myself. They influence me in a lot of different ways. Even though i hardly know any of them i respect them so much for the things they have accomplished in life and yet still stayed humble. I do have other hereos in my life that are closer to me, but these are the guys i view in a professional manner.. as inspiration to continue the things that i do.

I'm not asking you to change how your life to my way. Im not about that.. just thought id share the way i feel about egos and arrogance.. because i see so much that egos destroy people and keep them from realizing their true potential. And i dont like to see people destroy the careers over something stupid like their own ego. Cuz in the end whats better you accomplishing goals in life or failing in life because you retaliated at someone cuz you couldnt get past your own ego.

Thats a choice for you.. not me.
Ive already made mine.
Now its ur turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment